Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Kimberly Design


Artisan Biography for akimberlydesign
My life as an artist...I went to art school to study fashion illustration and graphic design.One day I found myself in a yarn shop, and was inspired to become a knitter. All the texture and color was amazing. Several years later found me standing in front of a wall of colorful thread, more texture, endless possibilities, this was when I started to needle point.As I continued to evolve, I discovered I could make tassels. I began teaching the art of tassel making, which led to designing my own free-form needle art. I then created a line of wearable art pins which provided several years of commission sales.Viola! I began publishing and distributing. Now life was getting exciting, I attended markets with a tag stating that I was a designer and a teacher with my own line of charted needlepoint designs. This was a wonderful time in my life. I'm now semi retired. I say semi, as I will never totally be 'out of it'. I love being creative.
You will find some fun things in this Artfire shop: www.akimberlydesign.artfire.com
She has ACOs, jewlery and purses to name a few things. This lamb ACO is my favorite :)
Be sure to check out her shop and tell her My Doggie And Me sent you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment